Has Colin Bridgerton been redeemed yet?

Bridgerton. Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Going into Bridgerton season 3, almost no one had a good opinion of Colin Bridgerton. He insulted Penelope behind her back and was looking like an absolute fool. We knew he was set to be Penelope's eventual love and husband, but how would he get to a point of deserving her?

Well, now we've seen a little bit of his redemption arc, but is it enough? He sort of helped her find a husband and gave her a little bit of practice, but thanks to Eloise, that kind of crashed and burned before it really got started.

He has definitely struggled with his new feelings for Penelope in the first half of the season and had to suffer seeing her with other men, but is that enough? I don't think so. I was not a fan of him coming into this season, and while I definitely want him and Penelope to ultimately be together and I think he loves her, he needs to show it through actions (and I don't mean the business in the carriage).

His love has yet to be challenged by his family and the ton. Will it survive? Or will it crumble with public scrutiny and Pen will be left to pick up the pieces? We know the ending (or at least you should), but Pen should not have to do all the work in this relationship. And she shouldn't have to bear the brunt of society gossip alone. At some point, Colin needs to make it clear that anyone badmouthing his soon-to-be-wife should come talk to him in a dark alley (not literally).

Has Colin Bridgerton done enough to be redeemed?

For a true redemption arc, we need to see just how much he has grown. We (and Penelope) need to be shown how much of a different man he is from last season. While Penelope loves her words, she deserves a man who can act and show the world how much he cares about her and not idle gossip.

His first test will be when he introduces her as his soon-to-be wife to his family. Eloise is going to be none too happy, despite sort of making up with her ex-friend. The only people who will be worse are society. And lord have mercy, what will the Queen say?! If he can't take the heat and love Penelope in a way she deserves, he might as well step aside.

And, of course, Penelope will be tested as well. Colin is going to find out about Lady Whistledown sooner rather than later. I am fascinated to see how that all plays out. And I know I'm not the only one.

Part 2 of Bridgerton season 3 hits Netflix on Thursday, June 13, 2024.

The Traitors will be getting a celebrity edition in the UK. dark. Next. The Traitors will be getting a celebrity edition in the UK