Our top 6 moments from Bridgerton season 3 part 1

Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Laurence Cendrowicz/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Laurence Cendrowicz/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton season 3 is finally here (or at least the first four episodes are), and it's amazing! Because of the amount of time in between seasons, it's easy to forget how good the show actually is. This season is all about Penelope and Colin, but it also features the Mondrichs', Francesca Bridgerton, Eloise and her friendship with Cressida, some possible love for Lady Bridgerton, and an awestruck Benedict.

With all those storylines in mind, let's take a look at some of the top moments from season three so far. Because of the amount of fun, tense, and romantic moments, this was not an easy list to narrow down.

BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_00146R
Bridgerton. (L to R) James Phoon as Harry Dankworth, Bessie Carter as Prudence Featherington, Harriet Cains as Philipa Featherington, Lorn Macdonald as Albion Finch in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

The Featherington Sisters

While these two are still very much the evil stepsisters of the series, they were absolutely hilarious in the first half of the season. The "insert where?" line was by far one of the funniest lines the show has ever had. Their pregnancy shenanigans were such a delight to watch. Who knew going into this season that they would be one of the standouts?

BRIDGERTON_303_Unit_06662R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Hannah New as Lady Tilley Arnold, Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 303 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

A Season of Bridgerton Love

I don't know what is in the water this season, but it looks like a bunch of the Bridgertons are finding love. Lady Bridgerton may have a suitor in Lady Danbury's brother, Francesca has her quiet and thoughtful Lord Stirling, and Benedict is between the sheets with the widow Tilly. And that's not even talking about Colin falling for Penelope. I love all the love!

The top moments from Bridgerton season 3 part 1

BRIDGERTON_302_Unit_02867R
Bridgerton. Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Penelope Coming Into Her Own

If it wasn't already obvious, season 3 is Penelope's in every sense. Her fashion game is on point, she's standing up for herself with Colin, her sisters, and her mother, and she's apologizing to Eloise for her past wrongs. And she's looking for a husband and with two suitors, she's doing a pretty good job of it. She has plenty of work to do after the events of episode 4 (in more ways than one), but she has completely shined this season. I hope we continue to see that in the second half, and she doesn't let society's opinion of her sway her too far back into a pit of self-loathing.

Eloise and Cressida

I didn't know what to make of it when we first saw the images of Eloise arm-in-arm with Cressida Cowper. In the past two seasons, Cressida has shown herself to be cruel and more specifically, cruel to Penelope and Eloise. But, because Eloise has gotten close to her (out of spite, it seems), we get to see another side to Cressida and that is fascinating.

Nothing intrigues me more than an "unlikeable" female character, and this season somehow makes me root for Cressida (even if it's just a little bit). Her home life is crap, she's not married, she's never had a real friend, and at this point, she's desperate. And the girl knows how to tell the truth when Eloise is being less than great.

BRIDGERTON_303_Unit_02006R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington, Sam Phillips as Lord Debling in episode 303 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Bridgerton v Debling

While this wasn't exactly a true love triangle, it was delightful to watch Colin simultaneously drooling and being pissed while watching Penelope and Lord Debling together. He could have shot lasers out of his eyes from that stare alone. And the amount of times his eyes found Penelope in a room is too many to count. It was utterly delightful. And even when he tried to save Penelope from the balloon, it was Lord Debling who got to hold her.

Considering how terrible he was last season, Colin definitely had to do some groveling, but who knew it would be in the form of silently pining for his friend? It was not the redemption arc I expected, but I'm thrilled all the same. Also... while Lord Debling was not right for Penelope...he definitely had some game!

BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_01727R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Jonathan Bailey as Anthony Bridgerton, Simone Ashley as Kate Sharma in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

SEX

It is Bridgerton so sex is a major part of the series! Whether it be Kate and Anthony hiding away from everyone in the bedroom, Colin enjoying himself with two ladies, or the carriage scene!!, this list wouldn't be complete without talking about the sex/sexual scenes we've had so far. Let's not forget Colin's steamy dream about Penelope or Benedict's multiple romps with Tilly. And with Colin popping the question to Penelope, there are bound to be more.

5 movies to watch if you love Henry Cavill. dark. Next. 5 movies to watch if you love Henry Cavill