What we need to see in Bridgerton season 4

Bridgerton. (L to R) Claudia Jessie as Eloise Bridgerton, Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 308 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Claudia Jessie as Eloise Bridgerton, Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 308 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton season 3 was filled with excitement, drama, sex, lies, and everything in between. But now that it's been over a week since the second half hit Netflix, let's look to season 4. All we really know is that it's supposedly going to be Benedict's season to find love. But even with that little bit of information, let's take a look at some of the things we need to see in season 4.

BRIDGERTON_308_Unit_04905R
Bridgerton. Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 308 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Benedict Coming Into His Own

Because Benedict is still coming into his sexuality, it's important for that journey to be shown in season 4. Whether he struggles with it or not, it's important for his feelings to be shown to the audience. We've gotten every detail of Anthony, Penelope, and Daphne's thoughts and actions. We need to see that for Benedict as well. The show's first queer character needs just as much fanfare, sex, and romance as we've gotten with the straight couples.

Also, since this is a romance, there is going to be a love interest at some point. We need to understand what makes Benedict pick this person and give up his parties and the freedom he discussed needing in season 3. What changes?

BRIDGERTON_307_Unit_00008R
Bridgerton. Ruth Gemmell as Lady Violet Bridgerton in episode 307 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Lady Bridgeton and Lord Anderson

One of the biggest surprises of this past season was that Lady Bridgerton got a love interest, and it's none other than Lady Danbury's brother, Lord Anderson. If the writers simply throw this relationship to the side, I will never forgive them (especially when we have to wait two years!). It was so fun watching them flirt and the spark of interest in Lady Bridgerton's eyes that she so often talks about with her children. We need more!

Bridgerton season 4 hopes and expectations on Benedict, Lady Whistledown, and Polin

BRIDGERTON_307_Unit_02491R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 307 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

A Little Polin...As a Treat

As we've gotten a little bit of Daphne in season 2 and Anthony and Kate in season 3, Penelope and Colin should have a significant role in season 4 as well. They have been through a bigger struggle than most. Who better to turn to than Lady Whistledown herself for some advice? It doesn't have to be Benedict asking either. I really enjoyed the one-on-one between Kate and Eloise. Maybe Francesca needs some advice, and she ends up going to Penelope for help.

Eloise and Benedict

I did not know how much I missed these two sitting on the swing set together until they were back on that swing set talking in riddles about their problems. It was a perfect sibling bonding moment, and we definitely need that in season 4. Eloise has to be one of Benedict's confidantes through the ups and downs of the next season.

BRIDGERTON_308_Unit_00387R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Will Tilston as Gregory Bridgerton, Florence Hunt as Hyacinth Bridgerton, Ruth Gemmell as Lady Violet Bridgerton, Hannah Dodd as Francesca Bridgerton, Victor Alli as John Stirling, Daniel Francis as Lord Anderson, Adjoa Andoh as Lady Agatha Danbury in episode 308 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

More Francesca

Francesca was one of my favorite characters in season 3. She absolutely shined as the Bridgerton who doesn't like the crowds and chaos. I can highly relate. She also had the cutest love story to ever exist. I want to see more of that. I know a little bit of what is to come for her and I want to see her happy in Scotland for a little while longer. I know she will get her happy ending, but I don't like the idea of not seeing her with Lord Kilmartin in marital bliss for at least a little while longer (no spoilers!)

Bridgerton. Episode 306 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. Episode 306 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

The Fate of Lady Whistledown

One of the biggest questions of season 4 is...will there be a Lady Whistledown? Will Penelope continue? She said her goodbyes, but will she use her pen for good? I don't like the idea of not hearing Julie Andrews' voice in each episode, but I also understand that it may not work for Penelope to go back to it. At least not in the same way she was before. Everyone knows who she is now. It will be very interesting to see how the writers deal with it.

dark. Next. How long will “Welcome to Wrexham” last?. How long will “Welcome to Wrexham” last?