Prince William's pre-birthday plans take him to Germany

The Prince of Wales will support his team at Euro24
The Prince of Wales To Visit England Men's Football Team At St. George's Park Ahead of Euro 2024
The Prince of Wales To Visit England Men's Football Team At St. George's Park Ahead of Euro 2024 / WPA Pool/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Prince William's love of football is well-known, as well as being part of his royal duties. He is President of The Football Association and recently visited the England National Football Team at their training in St. George's Park to share training tips from his youngest son and words of encouragement ahead of the 2024 European Football Championship.

"I just really want you guys to know how much it means to everyone back here, that you go out there, you give it your all, you play for the shirt, play for each other, play for the country, because everyone’s behind you....We really care about what you’re going to do."

Prince William

Prince William is heading to Germany for a football match June 20

According to Hello! magazine, representatives at Kensington Palace have confirmed that not only is England behind its national team, but the Prince of Wales will be on-site for the June 20 game in Germany. The match is to be the second one played by England and they will be facing off against Denmark at the Frankfurt arena.

It is not indicated that he will be traveling with his children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, but all three have a history of supporting football. Prince George was memorably delighted to watch matches during Euro 2020 and Prince Louis told his father to encourage the team to eat twice as much as usual before the game this year. Princess Charlotte accompanied her father ahead of the Euro 2022 final to cheer on the Lionesses before their championship-winning match against Germany. Meanwhile, Princess Catherine, who has been undergoing preventative chemotherapy following her cancer diagnosis, so she will not be joining her husband on this trip to the championships.

With a capacity of 47,000 at the arena, there is no doubt that the Prince will be able to find fellow fans with whom to share the thrill of the match. The event even falls one day before his 42nd birthday on June 21.

With that in mind, we hope Prince William enjoys the match as much as any avid football fan cheering for either side. Privately, we hope that England is able to give him an early present with a favorable outcome.

Prince Louis shares a power play tip with the England National Football Team. dark. Next. Prince Louis shares a power play tip with the England National Football Team