New Bridgerton season 3 soundtrack includes surprising covers of modern songs

Bridgerton. (L to R) Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington, Jessica Madsen as Cressida Cowper in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Laurence Cendrowicz/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington, Jessica Madsen as Cressida Cowper in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Laurence Cendrowicz/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton is known for more than just the romance. They are also known for using instrumental covers of modern songs. So far, they've used songs from Madonna, Rhianna, Alanis Morrisette, Robyn, and more. Well, with a new season coming out, there are new songs to look forward to.

The new soundtrack features even more modern instrumental songs than ever, including songs by BTS, Taylor Swift, Billie Eillish, Lana del Rey, and even Nick Jonas. How these songs work into the show is still anyone's guess, but considering these artists mostly deal in love songs, it's not too surprising that they were included this season.

So, which songs are we talking about? In the first episode, we get a cover of GAYLE’s “Abcdefu," which if that doesn't describe my feelings about Colin, I don't know what does. In episode 2, we will be getting a cover of Nick Jonas's "Jealous" and the BTS song "Dynamite." Maybe Colin will be feeling some jealousy when he sees Penelope flirting with other dudes.

Episode two features two popular songs: Sia's "Cheap Thrills" and Billie Eillish's "Happier Than Ever." I suspect the Sia song will be a dance sequence, which is both hilarious and perfect. Fingers crossed that I'm right.

The first half of the Bridgerton season 3 soundtrack track list has been released

For episode four, the featured songs are "Snow on the Beach" by Taylor Swift and featuring Lana del Rey and Pitbull's "Give Me Everything -- Stripped Down." Talk about two very different songs! And they are in the same episode. With the Pitbull song, maybe we'll be getting a little spice from Colin and Penelope!

So far, that's all we know. Since Netflix decided to (unfortunately) break the season into two parts, we likely won't get the rest of the soundtrack until June. Bridgerton season 3 part 1 starts streaming on Netflix on Thursday, May 16, 2024.

Next. Should You Try It: Bodkin. Should You Try It: Bodkin. dark