What we want to see in Bridgerton season 3

Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton season 3 is finally headed to Netflix this week! And while we know we are getting all kinds of Penelope and Colin goodness, there are plenty of unknowns about what we will actually see this season. Colin will be "helping" Penelope with her flirting skills so she can find a proper suitor, but what starts as help will soon turn into an even deeper connection between them. But beyond that, there are a few things I, as a fan, want to see in this new season.

BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_01727R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Jonathan Bailey as Anthony Bridgerton, Simone Ashley as Kate Sharma in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Anthony and Kate

In my opinion, Kate and Anthony are the best couple the show has seen so far. They have chemistry for days and they just work in the best way possible. I hope they aren't completely put to the side this season. It's clear from the trailer that they are featured, but I hope they play some kind of role in Penelope or Colin's journey.

BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_02477R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Claudia Jessie as Eloise Bridgerton, Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Penelope and Eloise Friendship

The last time we saw Penelope and Eloise their friendship was completely broken. More than anything else this season, I hope we see them make up and become closer than ever. Penelope could use a friend this season and no one knows her better than Eloise. I want a scene where they both apologize to each other and where Eloise can be happy for Penelope's writing as Lady Whistledown and for her new love.

BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_04254R
Bridgerton. Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Laurence Cendrowicz/Netflix © 2024 /

Penelope's Fashion Game

Penelope has been struggling in yellow and pastels for two seasons now. As she is coming into her own and stepping away from her wallflower role, I hope she can fully step into her fashion game and wear things that she loves. Based on the trailer and the images we've seen so far, it looks like that will be the case, but I hope we get a scene where Penelope shocks herself with how much she loves clothes and how happy she can be in dresses that suit her. It will be the perfect way to finally show her family that she is her own person.

Hopes and expectations for Bridgerton season 3

BRIDGERTON_303_Unit_02250R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton, Martins Imhangbe as Will Mondrich, Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 303 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Colin's Redemption

My opinions on Colin are iffy at best. I am very skeptical of the show's ability to make me like him and have me think he is worthy of Penelope. He has shown himself to be...less than great, especially when it comes to Penelope. I hope he kisses the ground she walks on (metaphorically) and comes to understand just how amazing she is. He needs a massive redemption arc.

BRIDGERTON_303_Unit_00800R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Will Tilston as Gregory Bridgerton, Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 303 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Advice from Other Characters

One of my favorite things the show does is to have supporting characters give advice to the main couple. It happened last season between Anthony and Daphne, and based on the trailer, it will occur at least once with Colin and his mother. I hope Penelope has people to turn to for advice on her relationship with Colin and on looking for a husband. I don't want her to go on this journey alone.

Saltburn fans can take home their own Oliver and Felix with the help of Funko. dark. Next. Saltburn fans can take home their own Oliver and Felix with the help of Funko