Benedict is the next Bridgerton to find love in Bridgerton season 4 and we have thoughts

How will Bridgerton tell Benedict's story?
Bridgerton. Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 307 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton in episode 307 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

While the news was officially announced that Benedict will be the focus of Bridgerton season 4, fans knew this since the end of season 3. The writers and creators of the show made it clear that it was going to be Penelope and then Benedict. But it is good to have an official announcement. But the question now is...what will the story be? What can we expect?

As the (currently) only queer Bridgerton, they have to do this right. While there are a few queer historical romance movies and shows, none have reached the ranks of Bridgerton. It has a huge audience, and Benedict's story needs to be the true focus of season 4.

First off, because Benedict is newly coming into his identity, it would be great to see him fully exploring his sexuality. It's still unclear whether queerness in the Bridgerton world will cause a scandal or if it's as accepted as any heterosexual couple. If they go for scandal, it will be interesting to see how (and if) Benedict tries to keep his sexuality a secret. Will they make it a crime, as it was at certain points in history? Will Lady Whistledown play a role?

With his family, it will be difficult to keep it a secret. They are always in each other's business. And their mother always knows when love is afoot.

Benedict will be the focus of Bridgerton season 4

I hope the show has him confide in Eloise. She has been the one who is closest to him since season 1, and I would love them to have a heart-to-heart on the swings again. Yes, she is in Scotland, but she has to come back at some point, right? It would feel like a missed opportunity for her not to be a part of Benedict's love story.

Who Benedict's love interest will be is also a HUGE question for season 4. With the way they are playing with gender in Francesca's story, Benedict's love interest could be anyone. It could be someone we've met! I'm guessing they will announce it before the season starts (they have to do the promo and press junkets, after all).

And speaking of press, how are they going to give Benedict a glow up when he's already the favorite of the show? The man already has the wit and the looks. What more can you do? Whatever happens, the next season cannot come quick enough!

Matt Smith opens up about his House of the Dragon reservations. dark. Next. Matt Smith opens up about his House of the Dragon reservations