Prue Leith shares what happened when she served tea to Queen Elizabeth II

The RHS Chelsea Flower Show - Press Day
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show - Press Day / Jeff Spicer/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Prue Leith has lived an interesting life, with plenty of experiences under her belt. And one experience that the Great British Bake Off judge recently spoke about revolved around none other than the late queen, Queen Elizabeth II.

In a post shared to the GBBO Instagram account, Leith shares her story of serving tea to the queen. And it seems that it was truly a mishap in the making.

From the start, it is clear that Prue Leith did what she could to pour the perfect cup of tea for Queen Elizabeth. And that included placing a call to her equerry to find out how she liked her tea. Unfortunately for her, he would not answer the question of how she liked to take her tea, but did tell her what needed to be on the tray in order to properly serve the queen.

Prue Leith shares her story of trying to pour the perfect cup of tea for Queen Elizabeth II

According to Leith, the tray had everything you would need for a perfect cup of tea, including milk and lemons. And while she did attempt to make the queen a tasty cup of tea, things went south pretty quickly.

The queen didn't want milk in her tea, so Prue Leith figured that meant that she wanted lemon. And after putting lemon into the bottom of the cup and starting to pour the tea, the queen revealed she didn't want lemon. So of course the lemon had to come out of the cup because there wasn't a back up cup on the tray. Not only that, but the queen also wanted a strong cup of tea, but sadly that's not what she ended up with.

Instead of serving the queen a perfect cup of tea, she ended up with a lemon flavored, weak black tea. And well, we could see this happening to us too. To hear exactly what happened when trying to serve Queen Elizabeth II a cup of tea, check out the video from Prue Leith below:

Honestly, we love that Prue was willing to share this story and basically made it out to be a comedy of errors. This is the kind of thing that would have us hiding in our home for days (if not months after wards) and we would never talk about it to anyone. So having her share what happened with both her followers and the GBBO fans is the kind of thing we have to stan.

What do you say fellow banterers? Are you surprised by this tea story from Prue?

Next. Strictly Come Dancing: Katya Jones and Wynne Evans issue apology for "messing around" at end of show. Strictly Come Dancing: Katya Jones and Wynne Evans issue apology for "messing around" at end of show. dark