Zara Tindall was prepared for the rain during the May 21 Buckingham Palace Garden Party

The Sovereign's Garden Party 2024
The Sovereign's Garden Party 2024 / WPA Pool/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

A little rain was not going to stop members of the royal family from enjoying the May 21 Garden Party at Buckingham Palace. And this was especially true for Zara Tindall, who arrived to the party in a midi-length white dress with pink buttons down the front.

While the dress itself was a perfect choice for a Garden Party, we have to talk about the way that Tindall was ready for that rainy weather. Not only did she have a pink hat that seemed to match the buttons of her dress, but she also carried with her an umbrella to keep herself mostly dry.

However, the rain protection did not stop there. And honestly, this one item might have been even more important than the umbrella.

Zara Tindall didn't let rain stop her from enjoying the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party

The Sovereign's Garden Party 2024
The Sovereign's Garden Party 2024 / WPA Pool/GettyImages

In order to prevent herself from sinking into the wet grass on the lawn at Buckingham Palace, Zara Tindall had plastic protectors on the heel of her shoes. The shoe protectors are always a great way to protect a woman's heel from getting caught in cracks or from sinking into wet grass. And honestly, even if the grass isn't wet, these can be a great option for not sinking into the dirt.

While we do have to point out that perhaps a suede heel wasn't necessarily the best choice for a rainy Garden Party, we have to appreciate the fact that Zara Tindall did her best to protect her shoes (and heels), while also allowing herself the ability to mingle with the guests.

According to People Magazine, this is not the first time that the royal family has used an interesting fashion hack. And some of the hacks are rather ingenious, including the fact that Queen Elizabeth would have curtain weights added to the hems of her dresses to prevent any incidents. So while Zara Tindall might not be the only royal to use a little trick to get through a royal outing, we do love that this one was definitely on display for those of us who have forgotten about the magic of those little, plastic heel protectors.

Who are the current working royals?. Who are the current working royals?. dark. Next