What did Duchess Sophie wear to Trooping the Colour 2024?

Trooping The Colour 2024
Trooping The Colour 2024 / Chris Jackson/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Whenever members of the royal family attend public events and take part in special occasions, there are a lot of us who are the lookout for the fashion choices made. And Trooping the Colour is no different. While the King's Birthday Parade had people watching for other reasons in 2024, we can't help but appreciate what some of the ladies wore on the balcony this year.

This year, Duchess Sophie was a vision in yellow, while her daughter Lady Louise, opted for a gorgeous blue and white floral number that was actually a re-wear from 2023. The monochromatic look that the Duchess of Edinburgh opted for during Trooping the Colour was a breath of fresh air thanks to the choice of yellow on yellow, which was bright and sunny, even as rain threatened to make the festivities a little less vibrant.

Luckily we know exactly what Duchess Sophie wore for the occasion thanks to the royal fashion X (formerly Twitter) account, Remoulade Sauce. The account broke down what the duchess wore, including who the designer was for both her hat and her dress.

Duchess Sophie opted for a monochromatic yellow look for Trooping the Colour 2024

For her hat, Duchess Sophie wore a Jane Taylor creation called Persephone in Crepe. It was a beautiful yellow color with a bow and netting detail that was simple and elegant. The hat perfectly paired with her dress.

And speaking of her dress, the Duchess of Edinburgh wore Beulah London's Yahvi Midi Dress in a lemon yellow. The dress was very simple, yet elegant with a fitted bodice, covered button detail, and a flared cuff. Over on the Beulah London website, the Yahvi dress is available in multiple colors for £625.00.

Duchess Sophie looked picture perfect at this year's Trooping the Colour, and we love that she opted for a lovely, lemon yellow look. While this was definitely a more simple look, it was still elegant and vibrant in its own way.

This was a great choice from the duchess and we can't wait to see what else she has in store for us this summer.

What did you think of Duchess Sophie's Trooping the Colour fashion choices? Were you a fan of the all yellow look?

dark. Next. Prince Louis remains a scene stealer in latest Trooping the Colour moment. Prince Louis remains a scene stealer in latest Trooping the Colour moment