Queen Camilla shared that she has watched Bridgerton while visiting the Chelsea Flower Show

The King And Queen And Other Members of The Royal Family Visit The RHS Chelsea Flower Show
The King And Queen And Other Members of The Royal Family Visit The RHS Chelsea Flower Show / WPA Pool/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

It was a royal outing that was fit for the ton! On May 20, King Charles and Queen Camilla kept up a tradition that has been ongoing for years, a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show. And this year, there was even a Bridgerton themed garden for people to stroll through.

In fact, it seems that while walking through the Bridgerton themed garden, Queen Camilla admitted that she has actually watched the Netflix series. According to People Magazine, the queen shared with royal reporter Rebecca English that, "I watched the first lot."

It sounds like Queen Camilla at least watched the first season of Bridgerton, and it is possible that she also found time for the second season as well. But clearly the queen has not yet had a chance to watch the first half of Season 3, which makes sense since it was only released on May 16, and it does not seem likely that the queen has had a chance to do any sort of binge watching since it dropped on the streaming service.

Queen Camilla is not the only royal to watch Bridgerton

Queen Camilla
The King And Queen And Other Members of The Royal Family Visit The RHS Chelsea Flower Show / WPA Pool/GettyImages

While Queen Camilla may not be caught up just yet on Bridgerton, that doesn't mean that she is alone in her TV viewing habits. Sarah Ferguson revealed that she was a big fan of the series and has actually watched the show in full twice. Of course that was before the third season dropped, so we don't know if Ferguson is caught up on the latest drama and scandals just yet.

Considering the Bridgerton themed garden at the Chelsea Flower Show was inspired by Season 3's leading lady, Penelope Featherington, it makes sense that Queen Camilla might share her own thoughts on the series. The garden, which was designed by Holly Johnston, was meant to be a representation of Penelope in the series. According to Johnston, "I envisioned it being a safe, personal and intimate space for her and I imagined this young woman running away to this garden, whenever she was having a hard time being Penelope and Lady Whistledown."

The fact that Bridgerton even has fans among the royal family is quite fascinating, especially considering the real life characters that the series portrays, including Queen Charlotte. We would love to know exactly what Queen Camilla thinks of the series, and of course whether or not she is all caught up on Season 3.

Next. Princess Catherine unlikely to return to public duties anytime soon. Princess Catherine unlikely to return to public duties anytime soon. dark