Paul Hollywood receives MBE from HRH Princess Anne

The Great British Bake Off's Paul Hollywood received an MBE at Windsor Castle from Her Royal Highness Princess Anne.
THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF 2023 © Love Productions/Channel 4/Photographer: Mark Bourdillon
THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF 2023 © Love Productions/Channel 4/Photographer: Mark Bourdillon /
facebooktwitterreddit

Paul Hollywood has already achieved more than most bakers would ever dream of. He has been a part of one of the most popular baking series in history with The Great British Bake Off and has become a fixture of British life as a result.

Thanks to Bake Off Hollywood has become a culinary television superstar in England. He's been featured in several different series, written books and won numerous awards. The Hollywood Handshake has become a part of foodie culture, meant to describe any dish that turns out amazing.

And now, Hollywood can add Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire to his ever expanding list of accolades.

Paul Hollywood received his MBE at Windsor Castle on April 17.

Hollywood received the honor on Wednesday at Windsor Castle from Her Royal Highness Queen Anne. It turns out the two had already met previously, Hollywood telling Digital Spy:

"I’ve always been fond of the Princess Royal. I met her a few years ago at Buckingham Palace when the [then] Duke of Edinburgh wasn’t very well. We were all with members of the royal family, and I just happened to be there with Princess Anne. So to see her again today was fantastic."

Paul Hollywood

He also managed to discover what the Princess Royal's favorite baked treat is, revealing that it's Chelsea Buns. Hollywood noted that he promised to make her some but quickly realized what kind of pressure that involves, noting that he may have put himself on the spot.

Hollywood can currently be seen in the current season of Celebrity Bake Off and details about the upcoming season of The Great British Bake Off should start to be revealed soon.

What do you think Tea Drinkers? Are you looking forward to the new season of Great British Bake Off? Join the conversation on Facebook and our other social media pages.

Prue Leith reveals why she doesn't watch The Great British Bake Off. Prue Leith reveals why she doesn't watch The Great British Bake Off. dark. Next