Lady Louise is on track for graduation, but not on the standard UK timeline

How her choice of schools and studies affect her schedule
Trooping The Colour 2024
Trooping The Colour 2024 / Chris Jackson/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Lady Louise Windsor has a full schedule as the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh. But her commitments outside of her royal duties are quite impressive as well. As her summer holidays come to a close, she enters her third year of university and this is often the time when students would look forward to their graduation.

Honours and Sub-Honours

St. Andrews' University is the school where Louise has chosen to attend. This is the same school where Prince William and Princess Catherine studied. In contrast to the English university system, the University of Saint Andrews is a four-year program and Louise's studies will require an additional year before completion.

According to Hello!, the first two years at the university are referred to as sub-honours and cover a "broader understanding of the subject you applied to study at St Andrews, as well as other courses of interest to you." The "Honours" level specializes for the last two years in the chosen subject or subjects. Says the official university website, "Our undergraduate degrees, like those at other Scottish universities, are usually studied full-time over four years."

Where does she go now?

It is reported that Lady Louise has chosen the subject of English Literature for her Honours coursework. She also stated on her LinkedIn page that "I am interested in pursuing a career in the military, diplomacy, or law."

Indeed, she is the first female royal who will serve in the military since Queen Elizabeth II. She has enjoyed Army Cadets as well as Reserve Officer training that is tailored to her schedule and will prepare for her career in the military.

Hello! Magazine notes a statement from her mother, Duchess Sophie, about her royal role:

"We try to bring [the children] up with the understanding that they are very likely to have to work for a living. Hence, we made the decision not to use HRH titles. They have them and can decide to use them from 18 but I think it's highly unlikely."

Duchess Sophie of Edinburgh

Adds Danielle Stacey, the royal correspondent for Hello!, "She may be one of the cousins the Prince of Wales turns to when he becomes King...Lady Louise could represent the monarchy or attend engagements on behalf of William in the future."

Lady Louise Windsor is following in her grandmother's military footsteps. dark. Next. Lady Louise Windsor is following in her grandmother's military footsteps