In the wake of the Euro 2024 Semi-Final, Prince William has a scheduling conundrum to resolve

There may not be time for the Prince of Wales to watch it all
UEFA EURO 2024England v Switzerland
UEFA EURO 2024England v Switzerland / ANP/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

The Wimbledon Men's Single final is scheduled and as a royal patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Princess Catherine of Wales traditionally presents the winners of the men's and women's championships with their hard-earned and well-deserved trophies. Should her health prevent her from doing so, an alternative presenter would be her husband.

The trouble is that William, Prince of Wales, has something of a busy weekend ahead of him. In a thrilling turn of events, England qualified for the finals of Euro 2024. Prince William is not only the President of the Football Association, but he has been very publicly supportive of England's chances in the championship. He gave a pep talk and special advice from Prince Louis to the team before their departure and has been seen enthusiastically cheering on the athletes in earlier stages of the games. According to Hello!, he even had to apologize for a change in his speaking voice the day after the latest game because the victory was due to "one hell of a goal." It was this same goal that inspired him to write to Ollie Watkins with a personal note of encouragement:

"What a beauty, Ollie! Congratulations England! #EURO2024 Finalists W."

Prince William

A Conflict of Diary

The Wimbledon finals are sure to be nail-biting, but they come just hours before the final between England and Spain. William has attended several of the previous matches and it can be hoped that he will be in attendance for the outcome of the championship.

Should William not be able to attend, the team has the best wishes of another royal. Signing off with "Charles R," the King sent a message of his own:

"My wife and I join all our family in wishing you the warmest congratulations on reaching the final of the U.E.F.A. European Championship - and in sending our very best wishes for Sunday’s match. If I may encourage you to secure victory before the need for any last minute wonder-goals or another penalties drama, I am sure the stresses on the nation's collective heart rate and blood pressure would be greatly alleviated! Good luck, England."

King Charles III

The cast of The Constituent puts sportsmanship ahead of showmanship on the West End. The cast of The Constituent puts sportsmanship ahead of showmanship on the West End. dark. Next