Great British Baking Show is coming back to Netflix for a new season

The 2024 season of The Great British Baking Show is finally upon us
THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF 2023 © Love Productions/Channel 4/Photographer: Mark Bourdillon
THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF 2023 © Love Productions/Channel 4/Photographer: Mark Bourdillon /
facebooktwitterreddit

It's that time of year! Ok, yes, it's spooky season, but it's also Great British Baking Show season! The show will be coming back to Channel 4 on Tuesday, Sept 24, 2024 and that means the new episodes will be on Netflix as well! (cue high-pitch excited screaming)

So, when can you start watching episodes weekly on Netflix? The first episode will hit the streaming service on Friday, Sept 27. All the regulars will be back, including Paul Hollywood, Prue Leith, Noel Fielding, and Alison Hammond.

What is new is the group of bakers we will be meeting this season! There are 12 new British bakers from all walks of life and of different cultures and ages (the ages range from 19 to 71). As usual, they will likely be the sweetest, most supportive people imaginable.

But beyond the new bakers we get to meet, the big question is what the themes for each week will be. Sure, there will be the usual Biscuit Week, Pastry Week, and Bread Week. But let's hope to all the baking gods that the show has put its more controversial theme weeks in the trash where they belong.

Great British Baking Show will be hitting Netflix this month

We cannot have another "what's an avocado?" week. It's disrespectful, and without proper research and/or having people on staff who actually know the food (Paul Hollywood taking a trip to Mexico doesn't count), it's pointless.

As we saw last season, the Great British Baking Show does its best when it sticks to what it knows best. Traditionally British desserts, supportive friendships, Noel's jokes and sweaters, and Noel's jokes about Paul. And Alison added a much-needed spark to the show. I can't wait to see her continue this season. I just have to remember to eat something before watching the show.

Take a look at the trailer for the new season here:

dark. Next. The trailer for "And Mrs." tells a love story across impossible boundaries. The trailer for "And Mrs." tells a love story across impossible boundaries