Duchess Sophie once again proves that staple pieces in your wardrobe can make all the difference

Duchess Sophie opts for items already in her closet at the Edinburgh International Festival
The British Royal Family Visit Scotland For Royal Week - Day 2
The British Royal Family Visit Scotland For Royal Week - Day 2 / Chris Jackson/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Running from August 4 to the 25th, the Edinburgh International Festival is a chance for some of the world's best artists to take the stage and showcase their talents. From opera singers to dancers, the talent seems to be endless when it comes to those who partake in the festival. And it likely comes as no surprise that members of the royal family have chosen to take in some of these performances.

Specifically, it seems that the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh were in attendance in order to see the final performance of Sir Mark Elder as musical director for The Hallé. And it was this appearance that had us taking notice of Duchess Sophie's outfit of choice.

Perhaps unsurprisingly (if you follow any of our royal fashion coverage), we turned to the @Remisagoodboy X (formerly Twitter) account to learn a bit more about what the duchess was wearing for this performance. And it turns out that the duchess was pulling from her closet to showcase that having staple pieces in your wardrobe can make it easy to pull together stunning looks on repeat.

Duchess Sophie opted for pieces that she had previously worn for a visit to the Edinburgh International Festival

So what exactly did the duchess choose to wear that has us thinking about the staples we need in our own closets? It was all about the dress and the blazer with this look, as Duchess Sophie chose to wear the Albero Blazer from Max Mara, paired with a midi length dress from Me + Em in what looked to be an off-white color. The fact that both pieces were solid colors without any details that pulled the eyes from the overall look is what makes this entire fit work so well.

Take a look at the break down for this look, as well as the overall fit below:

Overall, this look is all about taking basics and elevating them. And obviously, when you have staple pieces, that is easy enough to do. Whether it is the belt or the handbag, there is at least one piece that adds a pop to the look that adds something a little more to what the duchess is wearing, and it helps to make a statement.

Sometimes it is nice to see members of the royal family reaching for more understated pieces and then using the accessories to dress things up. And of course, we love a good royal re-wear.

Prince William rocks a bearded look and causes a stir online. Prince William rocks a bearded look and causes a stir online. dark. Next