Dearest Reader, Benedict and Sophie have been seen together

Bridgerton. (L to R) Yerin Ha, Luke Thompson of Bridgerton. Cr. Gavin Bond/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Yerin Ha, Luke Thompson of Bridgerton. Cr. Gavin Bond/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

While we won't see any news from Lady Whistedown for almost two years, Netflix and Bridgerton are keeping us in the loop relatively regularly about the new season. Considering how long they are making us wait, it's the least they can do. So what's the latest news?

While we already knew Yerin Ha was to play the love interest in season 4, there have been quite a few updates. First up, a change. To suit Yerin Ha's Korean background, the character's name will be Sophie Baek instead of Sophie Beckett. I love this!!

Secondly, Netflix put out a new video showing Yerin Ha with some very Bridgerton-looking clothes. And as the Lady in Silver, of course, there were a pair of silver gloves in the short clip. We still haven't seen Ha in a dress, but that is likely to come much closer to the release of season 4. The silver dress will be one of the most important outfits of this coming season.

Luke Thompson also released a statement saying that he and Yerin have already started dance rehearsals together, and he has "only stepped on Yerin’s toes once, which is good."

Bridgerton season 4 news has been rampant this week

But, possibly the biggest news of all is that Netflix released a bunch of pictures of Yerin Ha and Luke Thompson. To say I almost swooned would be an understatement. To say they look good together would be the understatement of the century. Sure, they are in modern clothes, but these pictures give fans just the taste they needed to be making edits and pieces of fanfiction for months.

BRIDGERTON_S4_SOP_GLAM_Luke_Thompson_Yerin_Ha_00336_v1_FG
Bridgerton. (L to R) Yerin Ha, Luke Thompson of Bridgerton. Cr. Gavin Bond/Netflix © 2024 /

Fans aren't the only ones that are excited. Claudia Jessie (Eloise Bridgerton), Hannah Dodd (Francesca Bridgerton), and Nicola Coughlan (Penelope Bridgerton) have all contacted Ha before meeting her to welcome her to the cast.

But Yerin Ha is not the only addition to the cast. Katie Leung (the Harry Potter franchise) has been cast as Lady Araminta Gun, as have Michelle Mao and Isabella Wei, who will play her daughters. Mao's character is Rosamund Gun, and she sets her sights on Mr. Benedict Bridgerton. But will Benedict be hiding behind Lady Danbury this season? We will have to wait and see!

Next. Should You Try It: Three Women on Starz. Should You Try It: Three Women on Starz. dark