Buckingham Palace Shop highlights their strawberry jam after Duchess Meghan sends out her own jam to friends

London Prepares For The Coronation Of King Charles III And The Queen Consort
London Prepares For The Coronation Of King Charles III And The Queen Consort / Chris J Ratcliffe/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Recently, Duchess Meghan sent out a basket to some of her friends featuring one of the first offerings from her new lifestyle brand, American Riviera Orchard. In that basket, her friends received a bundle of lemons and a jar of strawberry jam. It was a nice start to the new brand, and a great introduction to what the duchess plans to offer.

And now, The Buckingham Palace Shop is apparently reminding people that they also offer their own Strawberry Jam. In a post shared to Instagram on April 24, the Buckingham Palace Shop shared a video spotlighting their jam and the ways that they love to use it.

The four ways that the shop recommends using their strawberry jam include using it on toast, "with a croissant," adding it to a crumpet, or even "on a scone as part of a cream tea." All four of these options sound delicious, but of course, they want to know how we are using strawberry jam at home as well.

However, while this video might seem like it is just an opportunity to highlight the offerings at Buckingham Palace Shop, the timing of it all is rather interesting. Sharing this video within a few days of Duchess Meghan sending out her samples from her new brand is definitely making a statement.

Buckingham Palace Shop shared a video of their own strawberry jam

Perhaps unsurprisingly, there was at least one comment on the video that immediately referenced the duchess. And it was not a positive comment, although they definitely did not get as toxic as we have seen in the past.

Whether or not this was an intentional attempt to undermine American Riviera Orchard, we love strawberry jam and there are a lot of brands out there to choose from. There is no reason why we need to spend a fortune on a jar of jam to support any royal. That being said we do love the fact that strawberry jam is getting a spotlight right now, because we are here for all of the suggestions for ways we can incorporate this into our morning routines.

What do you think of this post? Do you think this video was shared because of the news of Duchess Meghan sending out jars of her American Riviera Orchard strawberry jam to friends? Or do you think this was a more innocent post?

Next. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are set to work on two new Netflix projects. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are set to work on two new Netflix projects. dark