What did Queen Camilla wear to day one of Royal Ascot?

Royal Ascot 2024 - Tuesday
Royal Ascot 2024 - Tuesday / Samir Hussein/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

On June 18, the week of horse racing known as Royal Ascot kicked off with members of the royal family in attendance, including King Charles III and Queen Camilla. And while it may be all about the horses, many of us are also fans of the fashion.

We love to see what the women will wear to watch the horses run, while also mingling with friends, family, and acquaintances. And this year is no different.

Considering the difficulties the royal family has faced in 2024, it was nice to see who all made it to day one of Royal Ascot. And of course, it probably came as no surprise to see King Charles and Queen Camilla there, as the king has horses running in the races.

Queen Camilla went all blue for Royal Ascot as she stuck with a favorite designer

For us, we have to say that the queen certainly made a colorful splash in her opening day finery of vibrant blue. And the fact that she opted for a dress and coat by Fiona Clare likely comes as no surprise as this seems to be one of her go-to designers.

As the royal fashion watcher X (formerly Twitter) account Remoulade Sauce pointed out, there was more to the look than just the Fiona Clare pieces, as we also had a matching blue hat designed by Philip Treacy.

The queen paired the entire look with some simple, yet elegant pieces of jewelry, as well as the stunning wedding brooch of Queen Victoria, which was a gift from her husband, Prince Consort Albert. Overall, it was an elegant look that really worked for the queen.

Honestly, we loved this monochromatic blue look on Queen Camilla. It was a perfect pop of color that let the queen stand out from the crowd, while also being very vibrant. And the fact that she wore her go-to designer was also a nice touch.

What did you think of the queen's fashion choices for day one of Royal Ascot? Were you a fan of this vibrant blue look?

Princess Anne seems to be shaking things up with her fashion choices. Princess Anne seems to be shaking things up with her fashion choices. dark. Next