The royal family of Japan is getting their own Instagram account

Japan's Emperor And Royal Family Greet Public On Emperor's Birthday
Japan's Emperor And Royal Family Greet Public On Emperor's Birthday / Tomohiro Ohsumi/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

The royal family of Japan is channeling the British royal family and joining social media with their own Instagram account. While the Instagram account is actually live already, it has been set to private for now.

So why is the royal family's Instagram account set to private? Well according to Hello Magazine, it turns out that they are planning an official launch of the account which is apparently set for April 1.

While this is definitely a new direction for the Japanese royal family, we should note that "Kunaicho, or the Imperial Household Agency, is responsible for managing the needs of the royal family." And so it should come as no surprise that the Instagram handle for the royal family is @kunaicho_jp.

Although the account is currently private, it is clear that Kunaicho has been hard at work getting things ready for the official launch. The reason we say that is because if you visit the account, you will see that there are already 19 posts that will be made visible once the account foes public.

If the royal family of Japan follows in a similar vein as the British royal family's social media, we will likely see posts related to the family's royal duties. We will likely see posts related to the charities that the family supports and events that the Emperor and Empress attend. And since their daughter, Princess Aiko has come of age and begun taking part in carrying out duties for the family, we will likely see posts about her as well.

At this time, the account does not show any followers or even any accounts that the royal family is following. But it is entirely possible that in terms of who they choose to follow they may do the same thing as the British royal family and choose accounts for charities that they support.

Considering the way people use social media on a daily basis, it makes sense for even royal families to get on board with creating accounts for their fans and followers. It is a chance for people to get the sneak peeks they want, while also allowing the royals to choose what they are sharing with the world.

Who are the current working royals?. dark. Next. Who are the current working royals?