The Great Britain Olympic Kits are a safe choice

World Aquatics Diving World Cup 2024 - Stop 2
World Aquatics Diving World Cup 2024 - Stop 2 / Maja Hitij/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

The Olympics are just around the corner, and Great Britain has unveiled its new kits for the summer festivities in Paris.

Earlier this month, Team GB (Great Britain) created quite a stir with the unveiling of “Union Jack” flags. The outrage was because these flags contained dots and squiggles and a colour scheme that veered into pinks and purples.

The new kits revealed this week are more of a safer choice, but slightly different from GB kits from previous Olympics.

What is different about the new kits?

The new Adidas Team GB kits have a striking dark blue for these upcoming Olympics. The new colours are a change from the traditional British kits we’ve seen in the past, which have tended to have a white backdrop. According to Adidas, these kits carry a more conservative tone. Speaking of white, though, the tracksuits that GB medallists will wear on the podium will have a white base and the Union Jack flag on the arm.

Adidas says it is a “clean, radiant kit that allows the medals to shine.” It goes on to say that it will “unite all athletes with fresh interpretations of Great Britain’s distinctive identity.”

What are British athletes saying about these kits?

The British athletes competing at this summer’s Olympic and Paralympic Games had positive feedback regarding the new kits.

Tom Daley is the reigning Olympic champion in 10-metre platform diving and has won numerous Olympic medals and world titles. He shared his thoughts on the new kits.

“I can genuinely say that nothing compares to competing in my Team GB kit, knowing that all the training I’ve done is gearing towards hopefully winning a medal for my country,” said Daley.

Livvy Breen, a British Paralympic medallist in sprint relay and long jump, also had rave reviews.

Olivia Breen, Livvy Breen
Welsh Olympians Acknowledged By The Senedd & First Minister / Huw Fairclough/GettyImages

“I love the new kit, especially the pops of colour and what they represent - it feels really fresh.”

How does this kit compare to others?

While Britain played it safe with their new kits, the same cannot be said for another country that unveiled their Olympic attire.

Team USA’s track and field kits are coming under fire for allegedly leaving female athletes ‘exposed’.

The host country, France, though, paid homage to athletes and the vibrant city of Paris with their designs.

Meanwhile, Canada recognizes its indigenous history and focuses on thermal comfort with its kits.

Australia will be able to wear uniform dresses around Olympic venues when not competing. Their kits reveal the work of Indigenous artists.

In all, 196 nations will compete at the Olympics this summer, from July 26 to August 11.

Could the cancellation of Big Brother Canada impact its other franchises?. dark. Next. Could the cancellation of Big Brother Canada impact its other franchises?