Should You Try It: Agatha All Along on Disney+

The MCU's most devious witch is back in her own series.
(L-R): Teen (Joe Locke) and Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn) in Marvel Television's AGATHA ALL ALONG, exclusively on Disney+. Photo by Chuck Zlotnick. © 2024 MARVEL.
(L-R): Teen (Joe Locke) and Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn) in Marvel Television's AGATHA ALL ALONG, exclusively on Disney+. Photo by Chuck Zlotnick. © 2024 MARVEL. /
facebooktwitterreddit

Fall is here and with it comes a barrage of new series. The question for you, with limited time, is what should you commit to watching? That’s why we’re here, to give you all the information you need to make an informed decision. Today, it’s about the latest from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Series: Agatha All Along

Where to Find It: The first two episodes are now streaming on Disney+ with subsequent episodes dropping weekly.

What’s It About: This new series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) brings back a familiar face—Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn). We first met Agatha when she was sparring with Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) in the series WandaVision, the first of the new wave of MCU series that launched in the winter of 2021. In that series, Agatha was the primary antagonist.

By the time that series ended, Wanda was the Scarlett Witch in full and Agatha had been rendered powerless and trapped in a spell that bound her to the town of Westview. We were promised more from Agatha as Wanda headed off on new adventures. Now, more than three years later, we get that promise fulfilled.

The series picks up after three years back in Westview, where Agatha was left. As she begins to come back to herself, she is frustrated about what she lost and determined to get it back. To do that, she has to make a journey down the Witches’ Road. But before she can undertake the journey, she needs some help.

She joins with a teen (Joe Locke) and a few other displaced witches (Shasheer Zamata, Aubrey Plaza, Patti LuPone, Debra Jo Rupp, and Ali Ahn) to make the journey, but it’s one that will test them all.

You Should Try It If: You’re a fan of witchy content, a fan of the cast, watched WandaVision, or just love MCU projects.

One Man’s Opinion of Agatha All Along

Every fall we get some spooky content. From September through Halloween, people are more drawn to series and movies about the supernatural and that present horror frights. That makes the timing for Agatha All Along ideal. Of course, this being Disney and the MCU, it feels seasonal while still being friendly to all audiences.

I enjoy Hahn in this role. The rest of the cast is also strong, with Locke (Heartstopper) bringing a fun energy to his role and the fellow witches being engaging as well. Plaza is something of a foil for Hahn’s Agatha, and their back-and-forth in the pilot is fun. I’ve seen four of the planned nine episodes, and I’ve enjoyed the building of the journey.

The pilot serves as a stylistic shoutout to WandaVision, but once it gets going it’s fun. The second episode is about building the team and setting the stakes, with future episodes about the harrowing journey itself. This is a fun addition to the Fall, culminating with a two-episode finale on Halloween itself. For MCU fans, this is a must watch!

Next. Should You Try It: Three Women. Should You Try It: Three Women. dark