Rumors swirl about Duchess Meghan's Hamptons summit visit and the lack of pictures with notable attendees

New report says some famous faces intentionally do not take pictures with the Duchess of Sussex.
NIGERIA-BRITAIN-ROYALS-INVICTUS-GAMES
NIGERIA-BRITAIN-ROYALS-INVICTUS-GAMES / KOLA SULAIMON/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

On July 26 Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, was in the Hamptons for a G9 Ventures Summer Summit. It was a meeting of high-powered women in business, and it was one that saw the duchess interacting with businesswomen such as Bobbi Brown and Misha Nonoo.

And while that was over a week ago at the time of writing, it seems that there are now reports (or rumors if you will) that indicate that a number of high profile women who were also in attendance at the summit were actively avoiding Duchess Meghan. Or at the very least, they avoided being spotted in pictures with her.

According to the New York Post, an insider reported to them in regards to people like Diane Sawyer and Reese Witherspoon not being photographed with Duchess Meghan at the summit that, "they know that if they are in a picture with [Meghan] it is a tacit approval of her that she can use to promote herself. Meghan can show up at events where they are at, move into their neighborhood…but they are not friends."

Considering how few images we can even find from this summit in the Hamptons, we have to question the veracity of these reports. While there are certainly posts on social media from the event, it doesn't seem like there were a lot of official photographs taken (if any). They certainly don't seem to be widely available on Getty.

At this point, the images we have seen from the summit in the Hamptons have all come from attendees posting to their social media accounts, as well as the founders/organizers of the event. So while we can understand that people might be curious about why there are no pictures of Duchess Meghan with some of the more recognizable attendees of the G9 Ventures Summer Summit in the Hamptons, it doesn't seem like a very big deal when looking at everything else that has been shared in relation to the event.

The founder of IT Cosmetics, Jamie Kern Lima, shared a post to her Instagram account featuring the duchess that included a look at Sawyer sitting in the same row as Meghan. And of course, if we really wanted to do more digging, we are sure there would be even more images out there. But at this point, the real question is why.

This was an event to inspire entrepreneurs. And it seemed as if this was especially for women in business. So why does it matter who took pictures with who?

Until these women make their own statements, we are going to take the rumors and reports with a grain of salt.

What do you think of this latest report about Duchess Meghan? Do you believe that these women intentionally avoided taking pictures with the duchess?

Next. How much does Prince William make now that he is the Prince of Wales?. How much does Prince William make now that he is the Prince of Wales?. dark