Princess Catherine unlikely to return to public duties anytime soon

The Princess Of Wales Opens Evelina London's New Children's Day Surgery Unit
The Princess Of Wales Opens Evelina London's New Children's Day Surgery Unit / Karwai Tang/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Since it was announced that Princess Catherine had received news that following abdominal surgery, cancer cells had been found, there has been a lot of online speculation around the royal. Considering her absence from the public eye, many people are even more concerned about her well-being. And of course, there has been quite a number of questions around when the public will next see the Princess of Wales.

With King Charles returning to public duties amidst his own cancer diagnosis and treatment, it has left many royal watchers wondering when Princess Catherine might be seen in public again. And according to US Weekly, it sounds like it may be quite some time.

Perhaps unsurprisingly to many, it seems as if the princess will be prolonging her public absence even longer. While there was originally some speculation that she might return to her royal work around Easter, that never happened. And there has also been talk of her making an appearance for the Trooping the Colour in June, and while that could still be on the table, based on new reports, even that seems unlikely.

Princess Catherine will likely be away from royal duties for "some time."

On May 3, a report issued by Times of London shared, "Kate [Princess Catherine] is expected to be away from public duties for some time." They also said that while she may be keen to get back to her public duties, she is obviously waiting until she is "better" to do so.

Although Princess Catherine may not be getting back to work anytime soon, Prince William has already started doing more public duties, including an appearance on April 30 at the opening of a suicide prevention center, James’ Place Newcastle. He has also been seen at a recent football game, cheering on Aston Villa F.C. (sadly they lost the match to Olympiacos).

While we do not know when we will see Princess Catherine getting back to work, we hope that she is taking the time she needs to heal and get stronger.

When do you think we will see Princess Catherine returning to public facing duties? Are you surprised that she will not be doing any public activities for some time to come?

Next. Royal facts: Did you know Queen Elizabeth II suffered from allergies?. Royal facts: Did you know Queen Elizabeth II suffered from allergies?. dark