Princess Catherine going on summer break, even with only two public engagements, is nothing new

When might we see the Princess of Wales doing her next public engagement?
Celebrity Sightings At Wimbledon 2024 - Day 14
Celebrity Sightings At Wimbledon 2024 - Day 14 / Karwai Tang/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Following the July 14 appearance of Princess Catherine with her daughter Princess Charlotte at Wimbledon, news dropped that the Wales family would be taking time off for the summer. Considering Wimbledon was really only the second public engagement from the Princess of Wales in 2024, it makes sense that people would be talking about this summer vacation on social media.

As Page Six reported, the news of Princess Catherine being done with public engagements for the rest of the season came from an "insider." Which is not that surprising since it feels like most of the news and reports shared by the media are from "insiders."

However, no matter who is sharing the news that the Prince and Princess of Wales are taking time off for the summer, it is not that surprising. Prince William and Princess Catherine have three young children at home and since the beginning, they have intentionally made time for their children during the summer. And since this has been an extra difficult year for the royal family and the Princess of Wales in particular, it does make sense that we likely won't see Princess Catherine for a while.

Princess Catherine typically takes time off during the summer to spend time with her children

Honestly, we will likely not see the princess doing any public events or royal engagements until the fall at the very least. After all, by that point all three of the Wales' children should be back in school. And even then, we really don't know when the future queen will be returning to work and taking part in royal engagements again.

With her health being a concern, it makes sense that Princess Catherine is going to take her time getting back to public engagements. She has a family to consider and in a letter shared prior to Trooping the Colour, the princess revealed that she had "good days and bad days." So it makes sense that even once Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis are back in school, she may still be taking things day-by-day in terms of work days.

Were you at all surprised by the news that Princess Catherine and Prince William will be taking time off this summer? Do you think we will see either of these royals doing public engagements before the fall?

Next. It’s a floral summer for Princess Beatrice as she continues to choose floral prints for public events. It’s a floral summer for Princess Beatrice as she continues to choose floral prints for public events. dark