Prince William uses WhatsApp to communicate with the secretary for the Duchy of Cornwall

Prince William is a modern Prince of Wales with his use of WhatsApp to work
The Prince Of Wales Visits Lambeth
The Prince Of Wales Visits Lambeth / WPA Pool/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

Have you ever wondered how Prince William gets his work done? Well thanks to the outgoing secretary for the Duchy of Cornwall, we now have a better of idea of how things get done for the estate.

According to US Weekly, Alastair Martin has worked with both King Charles III, when he was the Prince of Wales, and now Prince William. And both men use/d different methods to communicate with the duchy in terms of what needed to be done.

When King Charles was the Prince of Wales, he would use the phone and call the secretary of the duchy. And that makes perfect sense, as he is older and would have used the most convenient form of communication and the one that he was most familiar with.

Prince William skips the phone calls and has opted for WhatsApp as his method of communicating with the Duchy of Cornwall

Now that Prince William is the Prince of Wales, he is also using his phone to work, but instead of calling the secretary, he uses WhatsApp to communicate. It seems that when the prince took on the role as the Prince of Wales, Martin called him up to welcome him to his duchy. During that call the prince gave his cell phone number to him and said, "If you want me, just get me, just message me."

"That’s how he works. He is very involved. There will be weekends when my WhatsApp messages will be in double figures and I will be very responsive. If something has gone well or badly, I will want to tell my boss and he’ll be straight back."

Alastair Martin

Honestly, it makes sense that the Prince of Wales might use WhatsApp to communicate with the duchy as it is a great way to keep all the messages together and not have them get lost in the shuffle of normal text messages. Of course, it is also a rather interesting way to show that the monarchy is moving into more modern uses of technology to get things done.

It is actually quite fascinating getting these glimpses into how things are working in this new era of the royal family. And while using WhatsApp to communicate with the Duchy of Cornwall secretary might seem like a small thing, it is a sign of modernization that is hard to ignore.

Are you at all surprised by the fact that Prince William is using WhatsApp to get work done?

How much does Prince William make now that he is the Prince of Wales?. How much does Prince William make now that he is the Prince of Wales?. dark. Next