Prince William makes rare comment about the scar on his forehead

The Wedding of The Duke of Westminster and Miss Olivia Henson
The Wedding of The Duke of Westminster and Miss Olivia Henson / Max Mumby/Indigo/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

On June 11, Prince William took on a royal engagement in Wales that saw him reminiscing about an incident from his childhood that left him with a scar on his forehead. And while some may equate the prince's scar with Harry Potter, the reality is that while the scar on the prince is visible, it is not nearly as obvious unless you are in close contact with the royal. Of course, the prince himself has been heard comparing it to the young wizard, so there is that.

According to Hello Magazine, the Prince of Wales rarely talks about the scar, although this is not the first time he has talked about it. This time, it was part of a chat with "Pierre Paslier, co-founder and co-chief executive officer of Notpla" at the Cardiff Metropolitan University. While discussing seaweed and its use in the creation of a golf tee that will eventually biodegrade into a fertilizer that can in turn help the greens themselves, Paslier apparently asked the prince about whether or not he himself golfs.

The prince apparently replied, "No – the last time I played golf…" before pointing to his forehead and the faint scar there. (In some images the scar is relatively easy to see, if still quite light, while in other images it is nearly impossible to notice.)

For those unfamiliar with the last time the prince attempted a game of golf, the incident took place when Prince William was just eight years old. While chatting about the injury with a cancer patient in 2009, the prince revealed that, "I got hit by a golf club when I was playing golf with a friend of mine. We were on a putting green and the next thing you know there was a seven-iron and it came out of nowhere and it hit me in the head."

Honestly, if we were scarred by a flying seven-iron, we would never golf again either. And the fact that the prince was only eight when this happened had to have left quite an impression on the young royal. Plus, the fact that the prince has shared that the scar sometimes seems to glow in a manner that is reminiscent of Harry Potter, has to be a rather vivid reminder of why golfing might not be the safest sport out there.

While golf might be a popular sport, it seems like there is at least one royal who is quite happy skipping the game entirely. And that makes perfect sense to us.

Princess Anne seems to be shaking things up with her fashion choices. dark. Next. Princess Anne seems to be shaking things up with her fashion choices