Prince William ditched the bearded look for his recent family outing

Prince William (Prince of Wales and President of The...
Prince William (Prince of Wales and President of The... / SOPA Images/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

During a video appearance to celebrate the ending of the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, the Prince and Princess of Wales got people talking for multiple reasons. Not only was social media buzzing over Princess Catherine being part of the video message, but they were also here for Prince William rocking a bearded look.

However, it seems as if the bearded look didn't last that long, as the beard is already gone. On August 27, the royal family, including Prince William and Princess Catherine were seen heading to a Sunday service at Crathie Kirk in Scotland. While the only images of any of the members of the royal family heading to the service were from inside their vehicles, the pictures were clear enough to show us a clean shaven Prince of Wales in the driver's seat.

As Hello Magazine reported, "the 42-year-old was back to business with a return to his usual clean shaven look and a goodbye to his facial hair of late. Recently, he's been sporting a fashionable beard, debuting the rugged look on social media."

Prince William has gone back to his clean shaven look in latest outing with the royal family

Considering the Prince of Wales is currently on summer holiday with the rest of his family, it made perfect sense that he might go for a less formal look at times. So when we saw him with a beard in the social media video for the Team GB Olympians, it wasn't as big of a surprise as it could have been. (Even if it was the first time in years that we have seen the prince rocking a bearded look.)

Although the summer holiday does not seem to be over just yet, as his next official public engagement set for September 5, the fact that the royal family was heading to Sunday service means that the lack of a beard also makes sense in this case. And we wouldn't be surprised if we spotted the prince with a beard one more time this summer, although the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

We wouldn't mind seeing the Prince of Wales with that bearded look again, as it definitely showed a softer side of the future monarch. However, the fact that he is getting back to royal duty soon means we likely won't see a more rugged Prince William for the foreseeable future.

What do you say fellow royal watchers? Are you surprised to see the beard gone already?

Next. Prince William uses WhatsApp to communicate with the secretary for the Duchy of Cornwall. Prince William uses WhatsApp to communicate with the secretary for the Duchy of Cornwall. dark