Prince Harry gives poignant message about military uniforms to close out the Invictus Games 2023

Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 - Closing Ceremony
Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 - Closing Ceremony / Joern Pollex/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

The Invictus Games 2023 have come to a close. It was an amazing endeavor for not only the veterans who took part, but also for Prince Harry, who is the founder of the organization.

Throughout the Invictus Games, we were reminded again about how charismatic and charming Prince Harry is. And we were also reminded about his heart and ability to connect with a wide range of people.

During the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games, the prince took the stage to address all of the people who had attended this year's event in what was both a rousing and poignant speech. And one statement in particular has definitely hit hard, as it was all about the uniform that these men and women have worn.

Prince Harry's comments on wearing a military uniform sheds light on his own history

During his closing ceremony speech, Prince Harry shared a vulnerable statement that was poignant and even a bit painful to hear.

"For many of you, the uniform that you’ve been wearing this past week will give you a new story to tell. And for others, it may give your old uniform new meaning.
But I’m here to remind you that after all of this, you don’t need to rely on a uniform, nor should you ever feel lost without one. Why? Because everything you need is already within you."

Prince Harry

Considering Prince Harry is no longer allowed to wear his own military uniforms, that he earned with his service to his country after being stripped of his three honorary military titles and patronages, it makes sense that he would have strong thoughts about the need for one. And hearing his words to the veterans who took part in the Invictus Games was a reminder that while we may face hardships in our lives, it is how we move forward that truly defines us.

The uniform does not make the man (or woman), and clearly Prince Harry doesn't need his uniform to be a leader. Especially if you look at everything he has done to make the Invictus Games a success on a global scale.

We appreciate the statement that Prince Harry made on the matter of uniforms and the fact that one has everything they need within themselves to be strong. And we can only hope that his message has a lasting impression on everyone who heard it.

Next. Duchess Meghan is stunning in teal for the closing ceremony of the 2023 Invictus Games. Duchess Meghan is stunning in teal for the closing ceremony of the 2023 Invictus Games. dark