Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton share word associations for Season 3 of Bridgerton

Bridgerton. (L to R) Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington, Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. (L to R) Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington, Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton Season 3 is almost here! And we are obsessed with every little detail we are getting ahead of the Part 1, Season 3 drop on Netflix. So as Luke Newton and Nicola Coughlan do their rounds to promote the new season, we are loving all the little red carpet moments we are getting to see.

And recently, it seems that Coughlan and Newton were asked to give some word associations for the third season while on the red carpet promoting the series. Considering there are certain words we are already associating with Bridgerton Season 3, it makes perfect sense that they would be asked to give us a corresponding word that they think goes with a few words we are already thinking of in relation to this relationship.

So what are the words that they are associating with Season 3? The words offered to both Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton are Carriage, Mirror, Friendship, and Polin! And their responses were everything!

Luke Newton and Nicola Coughlan do a Bridgerton word association on the red carpet

There were two words that really got some great one word answers or at least answers that had us ready to break out the fans! Up first, the two actors were asked about the word Carriage, which we already know is going to be a big deal this season. Nicola Coughlan shared that she associated the word carriage with "rocking," while Luke Newton associated the carriage with "confession." Both of these answers are brilliant and have us eager for that episode to drop.

When asked about the word Mirror, Nicola offered up the idea of "steamy." Luke on the other hand felt like the perfect idea to go with mirror was "exposed." These answers are so very different from each other and yet they are both such good choices.

Of course, the final word is the mashup of their character names, Polin. And this was definitely harder for Luke, but then again we loved his answer anyway. While Nicola chose "soulmates" as her word association, Luke struggled to find one word for his answer. That's why he made it clear that Polin to him means "the epitome of like childhood sweethearts."

Honestly, this word association question was such a cool idea because it gives us a glimpse of what the characters dealt with, while not actually spoiling anything. Instead, it acted as a way to get our attention and left us wanting more. We want to know more about the carriage and the mirror. And yes, we want to see Polin come together the way they were meant to all along.

Part 1 of Season 3 of Bridgerton drops on Netflix as of May 16, while Part 2 is set to drop on June 13.

Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton talk about what it's like filming their intimate scenes for Bridgerton Season 3. dark. Next. Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton talk about what it's like filming their intimate scenes for Bridgerton Season 3