It's a fresh week and that means we are looking back at the most streamed movies on Netflix in the U.K., and after weeks of the Harry Potter franchise dominating the lists, it's time for some fresh films to shine. That's right for the first time in weeks, there is not a single Harry Potter movie in the top 10 chart.
For the week of June 26 to July 2, there are four new movies in the top 10 and the other six movies are entering either their second or third weeks at the top of the chart. It's a nice change of pace from previous top 10 lists, and proves that with new releases, viewers are tuning in to watch the fresh content.
And even with movies that are remaining in the top 10, there were still some shakeups in the rankings. So which movies were people in the UK streaming on Netflix to end June and kick off July?
The most streamed movies in the UK on Netflix for June 26 to July 2
According to the Netflix top 10 page, the most streamed movies were:
- Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical (Two weeks in the top 10 and bumped into the top spot for the first time.)
- Extraction 2 (This is the movie's third week in the top 10.)
- Run Rabbit Run (First week in the top 10.)
- Paw Patrol: The Movie (Third week in the top 10.)
- Take Care of Maya (Second week in the top 10 list.)
- 10x10 (First week in the top 10.)
- Four Lions (Another movie in its first week in the top 10.)
- Extraction (Unsurprisingly, this is also in its third week in the top 10 alongside its sequel.)
- The Perfect Find (This is in its second week in the top 10 list.)
- I Give It a Year (The final movie in the top 10 is also in its first week at the top of the charts.)
It's nice to see fresh movies at the top of the streaming chart from Netflix and we can't wait to see how things shake out for next week. It will be interesting to see if the two Extraction movies can make it to four weeks in the top 10 or if any of the other three-peaters can hang on for a fourth week.