Melissa McCarthy doesn’t understand the hate that Duchess Meghan receives

"Suffs" Broadway Opening Night
"Suffs" Broadway Opening Night / Bruce Glikas/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

When it comes to news reports about Duchess Meghan, there is one thing we can often count on, and that is that there will be a lot of hate sent her way. It does not matter what she does, there will always be media reports and social media posts that have a negative slant to them. From charity events to just going out to dinner with her husband, there is a lot of hate sent the Duchess’ way.

And Melissa McCarthy has some thoughts about that. Much like a lot of us, she just does not understand why Duchess Meghan seems to be the target of so much vitriol.

According to Us Weekly, McCarthy opened up about her thoughts on Duchess Meghan while at the Broadway opening for “Suffs.” Speaking to the media, Melissa McCarthy said, “it bums me out for every woman and every person that, for no reason, people just like to attack. A smart, interesting woman that has her own life, for some reason, is incredibly threatening to some people.”

The actress called the duchess both “inspiring” and “awesome.” And she also made it clear that she doesn’t understand why people feel so threatened by the other woman. “I always think, ‘How inspiring!’ I’ve never once been threatened by someone who is amazing. I just think, ‘How inspiring.’ So, it’s really on the people throwing the hate.”

Melissa McCarthy is not here for the hate sent Duchess Meghan’s way

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
Invictus Games Vancouver Whistlers 2025's One Year To Go Winter Training Camp / Karwai Tang/GettyImages

Considering these two women are friends, it does make sense that Melissa McCarthy would defend Duchess Meghan. But at the same time, it also makes sense that another strong, independent woman would have something to say about the constant hate that the Duchess has to face.

It often seems like there is nothing that Duchess Meghan can do that people will approve of. And that’s pretty sad. The level of hate that she gets online is so toxic, that it makes sense that other people are going to start speaking out about it. The sad thing is that the people who should be speaking out, are staying silent.

Maybe the royal family will open their eyes, and realize that the toxic hate isn’t doing anyone any favors. And by them not speaking out about it, they are condoning this bad behavior.

We love that Melissa McCarthy spoke out against the hate and here’s hoping more people point out the toxicity of it all.

Next. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are set to work on two new Netflix projects. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan are set to work on two new Netflix projects. dark