Martha Stewart shared some advice for Duchess Meghan regarding her new American Riviera Orchard brand

2024 SXSW Conference And Festival - Breaking Barriers, Shaping Narratives: How Women Lead On and Off
2024 SXSW Conference And Festival - Breaking Barriers, Shaping Narratives: How Women Lead On and Off / Astrida Valigorsky/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

If there is one thing that Martha Stewart understands more than most, it is how to run a lifestyle brand. And not only that but she also seems to know what people want and need. So it just makes sense that when she learned that Duchess Meghan apparently looks up to her as an expert in the lifestyle space, she would not only feel flattered, but she might offer some advice as well.

According to Showbiz CheatSheet, Stewart spoke with Billy Bush while at the Nassau Paradise Island Wine & Food Festival in the Bahamas, where the topic of the Duchess and her new lifestyle brand American Riviera Orchard was brought up. Bush mentioned to the lifestyle guru that Duchess Meghan wants her brand to be like Martha's own, which led to Stewart saying that she had also read that and was "flattered" by what she had to say.

However, she also wanted to offer up a little help of her own and that meant imparting some words of wisdom.

Here's what Martha Stewart had to say to Duchess Meghan as inspiration for her new lifestyle brand

Martha Stewart, Billy Bush
Sunset Soiree with Martha Stewart, Nassau Paradise Island Wine & Food Festival, Atlantis Paradise / Alexander Tamargo/GettyImages

According to Martha Stewart, the key to success in any brand is to "Produce good products that work and will help the homemaker have a nicer life. That’s what it’s all about." And honestly, it might sound like simple advice, but it is also quite true. We all want things that are high quality, but that also help make life easier even in a small way.

While we still don't know a lot about American Riviera Orchard, the trademark filing for the brand definitely seems to indicate potential TV time with a cooking show, as well as a range of coordinating products. If the brand is anything like what we have seen from Martha Stewart or even Ree Drummond, it will be interesting to see how well it does in a market that is always looking for fresh voices, even as it slowly seems to be saturated in products.

We really love that Martha Stewart offered up some advice for Duchess Meghan, while also seeming to appreciate the fact that the duchess seems to be a fan.

Next. Who are the current working royals?. Who are the current working royals?. dark