Luke Newton on how his costume for Bridgerton Season 3 gave him an early sense of how his story has evolved

Bridgerton. Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024
Bridgerton. Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton in episode 302 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Bridgerton Season 3 has already dropped the first half of its season on Netflix and leading up to the big day, the cast has been on tour promoting the series and drumming up excitement for Colin and Penelope's story. And with every interview, we are learning some interesting details that we believe will add to our enjoyment of the latest Bridgerton romance.

While speaking to Glamour Magazine, Luke Newton shared some interesting details about filming and even his approach to this new season. But one of the things that stood out from the interview, was in relation to his costume for Season 3.

As the leading man of this season, Newton has a lot on his shoulders. And with him being an already established and developed character, there is an expectation from fans in terms of what we want to see and need to see for him to truly come into his own. After all, this is a character who has swagger and a sense of who he is, while inwardly struggling with his confidence and a level of insecurity that might surprise people.

Luke Newton's Colin got a glow-up for Bridgerton Season 3 and his costumes helps tell the story

In Season 3, we already knew that Colin was going to get a glow-up as the leading man, and he definitely did. But it turns out that even before Luke Newton saw the script for this season, he already had an idea of how his character had grown since Season 2 ended.

Talking about the early fittings for his costumes for this season, Newton shared that he could just tell that there was a difference in Colin after his travels.

"Even just trying on my first costume and how different it felt—the silhouette felt different, colors were different, even the textures and how worn the materials were. In previous seasons, everything I wore was brand-new and felt very clean cut. My necktie was done up super tight, and it felt very prim and proper. And then he came back with this carefree attitude. It told me 100 stories before I even got down to reading the script, and then it just matched up so perfectly."

Luke Newton
BRIDGERTON_301_Unit_01161R
Bridgerton. (L to R) Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton, Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington in episode 301 of Bridgerton. Cr. Liam Daniel/Netflix © 2024 /

Maybe it is me but the fact that his early try-ons gave him so much information, before even reading a script, is amazing. It is proof that Luke Newton knows who Colin is and has embraced his character. He knows the difference between that more proper gentleman of the first two seasons, and the man who has had a chance to travel and see more of the world.

Not only is it clear that the costume made a difference, but it really seems like Newton has grown with Colin as well. He knows who this regency-era man is and what he wants. And he embodies that character with grace and passion.

As we get ready to really dive into Season 3 of Bridgerton, we can't wait to see how the costumes themselves tell a story. Will we see the same growth and development in Colin, as we do in Penelope, when it comes to this season's looks?

What do you think of the Season 3 glow-up for Colin? Are you excited for Colin and Penelope's story?

Bridgerton Season 3 Part 1 is currently streaming on Netflix.

Next. 5 things you may not have known about Luke Newton. 5 things you may not have known about Luke Newton. dark