Jason Statham's The Meg 2: The Trench releases new poster

Warner Bros. Pictures And Gravity Pictures' Premiere Of "The Meg" - Arrivals
Warner Bros. Pictures And Gravity Pictures' Premiere Of "The Meg" - Arrivals / Albert L. Ortega/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

In 2018, movie goers were treated to a bit of science-fiction horror in the form of The Meg starring Jason Statham. It was a movie all about giant prehistoric sharks still menacing the deep.

Back when the movie first released, Statham was asked about a potential sequel. And of course, he made it clear that if The Meg did well, there was always a chance that there could be a return to the deep.

Obviously the first movie did well enough to earn a sequel, as fans of The Meg will get a whole new adventure with these prehistoric sharks and Jason Statham when The Meg 2: The Trench releases in theaters on August 4.

And now we have a whole new poster to dissect, and get clues from.

Jason Statham is back for more prehistoric shark action in The Meg 2: The Trench

In the newest poster from The Meg 2: The Trench, it is clear that the terrifying sharks of the deep aren't the only thing that Jason Statham and the other humans in this movie are going to have to contend with. And thanks to trailers, we already know that giant tentacles in this new poster mean we have giant squids to deal with too.

The first movie already hinted at more giant sea creatures in the deep. But this time it is clear that the humans are going to be facing multiple challenges. And as Collider reports, this time around, we have not only the research team searching the bottom of the ocean, we also have a shady mining operation to contend with.

Honestly, if you are scared of the ocean, this movie may not be for you. And after seeing The Meg and The Meg 2: The Trench, you may end up gaining a new fear of the ocean. But we can't wait to see Jason Statham back in action and fighting these epic sea creatures. He continues to prove that he knows how to lead an action packed movie, and this is no exception.

Next. 3 British Detective shows to watch on PBS right now. 3 British Detective shows to watch on PBS right now. dark