Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars saw the quarterfinalists take on the running of the Savoy Grill and it was a mess

Gordon Ramsay actually let the Food Stars competitors run his iconic restaurant for a breakfast service
GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS: L-R: Contestant Nicholas, Lisa Vanderpump and Gordon Ramsay in the GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS “Breakfast Bootcamp” episode airing Wednesday, July 17 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 2022 Fox Media LLC. CR: FOX
GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS: L-R: Contestant Nicholas, Lisa Vanderpump and Gordon Ramsay in the GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS “Breakfast Bootcamp” episode airing Wednesday, July 17 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 2022 Fox Media LLC. CR: FOX /
facebooktwitterreddit

We are coming to the end of another season of Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars and that means that the judges, Lisa Vanderpump and Gordon Ramsay are going hard with the challenges. For the quarterfinal episode, “Breakfast Bootcamp,” Ramsay actually allowed the competitors to take over the Savoy Grill. (And if you are like us and think this is going to be a mess, you would not be wrong.)

Not only is it important to note that this is Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, but it is also a fine dining establishment with very exacting standards. Sadly, it seems like some of the Food Stars missed that memo.

It is honestly hard to believe that Gordon Ramsay allowed these people to not only work the front of house, but to also cook in his kitchen. However, we were more surprised by the fact that the Food Stars not only didn’t finish the breakfast service, but some people failed miserably.

GRFS_S2_208_D2_Challenge_0129_f
GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS: Gordon Ramsay (R) in the GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS “Breakfast Bootcamp” episode airing Wednesday, July 17 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 2022 Fox Media LLC. CR: FOX /

Not only did Liz drop a napkin on the floor and then use that same napkin to wipe the silverware that she in turn handed to customers, but she seemed to really struggle with how to handle the service as a whole. And while she didn’t have experience in restaurants, there was no excuse for the napkin and silverware debacle. I can understand being shaken, but there was something so mind-blowing about this moment, because it was so ridiculous.

However, Liz was the least of the issues. There were also problems with Nicholas not accurately communicating with the kitchen. This issue with communication led to diners getting dishes that were wrong, including a vegan getting eggs on his plate and someone else who asked for no black pudding having that served to him before the kitchen took it off the plate and then gave the same plate back to the customer.

GRFS_S2_208_D2_Challenge_0273_f
GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS: Gordon Ramsay (C) with contestants in the GORDON RAMSAY'S FOOD STARS “Breakfast Bootcamp” episode airing Wednesday, July 17 (9:02-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 2022 Fox Media LLC. CR: FOX /

The inability to communicate was surprising since Nicholas was so adamant that he knew what he was doing. He didn't want to be in the kitchen because he wanted to showcase his abilities and in turn he failed to really prove that he could be a leader in a restaurant.

At multiple points during the service, which was only two hours, Gordon Ramsay had to step in and stop things from devolving further. And yet, customers still left unhappy and frustrated, which was certainly not surprising. Some customers even claimed that they would not be returning to the Savoy after that breakfast service, and we can't even blame them.

It likely comes as no surprise that Ramsay was unhappy with what went down at his restaurant. However, we are not surprised that this did not go well. There is no way that this was going to turn out well. We are actually more surprised it was not more of a disaster.

In the end, it was Liz and Nicholas sent home. And that was not a shock to anyone watching. But here’s hoping Gordon and Lisa learned a lesson with this mess (or maybe not).

How long will “Welcome to Wrexham” last? . dark. Next. How long will “Welcome to Wrexham” last?