Anya Taylor-Joy actually had anatomically correct heart shaped cakes at her wedding

"Cabaret At The Kit Kat Club" - New Cast - VIP Arrivals
"Cabaret At The Kit Kat Club" - New Cast - VIP Arrivals / Dave Benett/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

In April 2022, Anya Taylor-Joy secretly got married to Malcolm McRae in New Orleans. And it seems that her initial wedding (which actually took place on April Fools' Day), prior to the more public ceremony in October 2023, had some very unique cakes to celebrate the big day.

On April 1, to celebrate her second official wedding anniversary, Taylor-Joy took to social media to share a little behind the scenes look at the event. And that meant sharing a picture of cakes that were made for the day. It turns out that the cakes that she served at her secret wedding were shaped like hearts. But we aren't talking about the cute hearts that children draw, we are talking anatomically correct heart shaped cakes.

According to People Magazine, the picture she shared was of two anatomical heart shaped cakes on a plate with fruit syrup that was made to look like blood pooled on the plate. It's almost terrifying without the caption where the actress jokes, "N.B yes, those are anatomically correct heart cakes. Yes, I am the vampire Lestat."

Of course, there was more to her anniversary post than just the cakes, as we also got a chance to see Anya Taylor-Joy in her first wedding dress, which was a beautiful ivory color with stunning beadwork and even a hummingbird on the bodice. While the cakes may not be for everyone, it is clear even from the clip where we see the newlyweds biting into their hearts that this is something they loved as part of their big day.

Check out the full post, with video clip and a close up of the heart cakes, from Anya Taylor-Joy on Instagram here:

Obviously these heart cakes were important to the bride and groom and we love when people add their own personalities to their wedding. In this case, that meant anatomically correct heart cakes.

We love this anniversary post from Taylor-Joy. And we really appreciate the fact that she even shared such a unique detail from her first wedding to McRae.

Are you surprised by these heart cakes? Did you do something different at your wedding that might be considered unusual or out of the norm?

dark. Next. Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton talk about what it's like filming their intimate scenes for Bridgerton Season 3. Nicola Coughlan and Luke Newton talk about what it's like filming their intimate scenes for Bridgerton Season 3