A new portrait of King Charles was released for Armed Forces Day

The Emperor And Empress Of Japan State Visit To The United Kingdom – Day 1
The Emperor And Empress Of Japan State Visit To The United Kingdom – Day 1 / Samir Hussein/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

When we think of royal portraits, especially recent ones, there have definitely been some interesting choices made. Not only did we have the Tatler Magazine cover featuring Princess Catherine that had social media asking a lot of questions, but there was also the all red painting of King Charles that was unveiled in the middle of May.

However, there is a new portrait of the king that has been released and this time, it even has social media cheering (or at least, we are seeing a lot more positive comments this time around). In honor of Armed Forces Day, a new photograph of King Charles was released by the palace featuring the king "wearing his Field Marshal No1 Full Ceremonial Frock Coat with medals, sword and decorations."

Apparently this photograph was actually taken back in 2023 by photographer Hugo Burnand. And this is not the first time Burnand has photographed the king, as he is also listed as the official photographer for the coronation of King Charles and Queen Camilla. Not only that, but if you go back further, you will see the photographer's name listed in relation to the pictures taken of the king and queen's wedding.

You can view the newest portrait of the king below:

And to go along with this photograph, Queen Camilla also issued a statement about Armed Forces Day. The queen issued a thank you to members of the armed forces, as well as their families, for the sacrifices they make for their country.

In the video message from Queen Camilla, which was also shared to social media by the palace, she shared, "In times of war and in times of peace, whether seen or unseen, our Armed Forces support and strengthen our nation. You are a source of inspiration, reassurance and pride – and I salute you all."

Not only was the queen's message shared to social media platforms such as Instagram and X (formerly Twitter), like the king's newest portrait, but the video can also be seen on YouTube as well.

It makes perfect sense for both the king and queen to not only acknowledge Armed Forces Day, but to also do something. And even if that is just issuing a video statement and showing a new portrait with the king in his military regalia, it makes sense for them to do this.

But we want to know what you think. In particular, what do you think of the king's new portrait?

Next. Princess Charlotte is apparently the real Swiftie in the royal family. Princess Charlotte is apparently the real Swiftie in the royal family. dark